Monday, February 28, 2011

Docking Your Boat Secrets - 10 Tips to Storm Proof Your Sailboat

I found this excellent article by Captain John Jamieson, of http://www.skippertips.com/, on a LinkedIn alert on my email a couple days ago.  After reading it and being impressed by the quality of writing and information, I wanted to share it with as many people as possible and retweeted it on Twitter.   Then I sent his an email with a link to my http://www.sailingprograms.com/ website, so he could learn a bit more about me and asked his permission to feature the article on my new blog.  He emailed back right away saying it would not be a problem and asked me to include a link to his website.  So please check it out - you will be very happy you did!

In checking out Captain John's website for my own "due diligence",  I was immediately struck by the wealth, variety and depth of knowledge he has available to help people become better sailors.  He is a published author and has information on his sailing books there as well.  His website is well organized and extremely easy to follow.   To read his tips on how to better protect your boat at the dock in case of storms and high winds, just click on http://lnkd.in/_42_dP .  One of his commonsense, but easily overlooked, tips that can save you valuable paint and/or fiberglass on your boat is that fenders hung horizontally offer more protection for your boat than the vertical ones.  Even if your boat might still be up "on the hard" (sailor speak for up on dry land), you can print this article out and keep it for later.   The boat I race on goes in the water on April 18, less than 60 days away, not like I'm chomping at the bit or anything!

My next blog entry will probably be about the Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary in Bequia - it is a  special place on a special island.  I have some great Hawksbill Turtle photos that I am yearning to share.   Also upcoming will be a report on my visit to "The Graduate Institute" in Bethany, CT involving more cutting edge information/experts in the health field.  So....stay tuned and keep checking back here!

Meanwhile, do you have any great sailing tips you would like to share or any sailing questions that have been on your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment