Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dr. Oz Show Health Tips

Since I'm currently working out of my "home office" one of the treats I allow myself, is watching the Dr. Oz Show.  It starts at 5PM and ends at 6PM.  I have yet to be able to have a whole undistracted hour to watch it, but even 15 minutes always provides a juicy tidbit of practical health information.  45 minutes provides an amazing array of topics from Gluten to Middle Age Cures Still Being Used to which "Healthy" Foods Really Are Healthy and more.   The website is:  http://www.doctoroz.com/ .  Lots of great information there, definitely worth checking out!

Everyone loves Dr. Oz because he is from a traditional medical background, yet relies on all possible sources to help people achieve optimum health while having fun.  He makes it obvious with his enthusiastic, charming, warm personality that he really wants all of us to understand what it takes to be and stay healthy.   One of the things I've learned are that the 5 numbers he thinks are key for us to know about our health are:

1)  Blood Pressure
2)  Waist Size
3)  Weight
4)  Cholesterol
5)  Fasting Blood Sugar

It might be time to dig through those medical records and find out these numbers!  When it comes to our health and that of our loved ones, knowledge is power and the key to all our adventures.   Do you think about doing something every day that adds to your health and well-being?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, this is Sara from Health Month!

    Really interesting! Of those health numbers I only know my weight and blood pressure...obviously waist size would be easy enough to find out, but even now that I've lost weight, it's still a number that somehow I just don't want to know! I don't know why - silly, I guess! I guess it just seems like any number will seem high! :)

    ReplyDelete